Expectations for Big Give Participants
- All nonprofits must apply to participate in the Big Give each year. Each nonprofit must complete an application by the published deadline. The application is on the Big Give Brownsville website: http://www.biggivebrownsville.org/ and the Brownsville Community Foundation website: http://www.brownsvillecommunityfoundation.org/
- Any nonprofit who was selected the previous year and met their responsibilities to the Big Give Initiative will be considered for participation first.
- There will be a limit of 25 participating nonprofits in any single year.
- Whenever there is an opening because of a nonprofit electing not to participate again or because a nonprofit no longer qualifies to participate, a new participant will be selected.
- Each nonprofit accepted as a participant will be required to pay an administration fee (amount to be announced). These funds are for signs, printouts, publicity or any other costs involved in staging the event. Any remaining funds will be added to the total amounts given to the nonprofits at the end of The Big Give.
- All participating nonprofits must attend an orientation. At the orientation the complete requirements will be discussed. These include but are not limited to: number of volunteers, sponsorship solicitations, meetings, etc. Each nonprofit must then sign a letter of commitment.
- The Brownsville Community Foundation will be offering the Big Give participants a series of workshops to help promote our collaboration in philanthropy.